Automotive Technician Training Program
Torchiana Automotive Training Institute (TATI) operates throughout the year. Using the previous National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) Standards as a guideline for the amount of time spent on teaching tasks, the TATI Automotive Technician Training Program schedule for the school year is as follows:
Topic Program Hours
- Maintenance & Light Repair – 100 hours
- Brakes – 100 hours
- Steering and Suspension – 100 hours
- Electrical / Electronics- 200 hours
- Engine Repair *– 125 hours
- Engine Performance – 250 hours
- Manual Drivetrain* – 100 hours
- Automatic Drivetrain* – 125 hours
- Heating and A/C* – 75 hours
- Alternate Powertrain* – 75 hours
*TATI recognizes that not all students will be employed rebuilding engines and transmissions, but the student must be aware that unless they completely understand how the systems work properly they will not be able to diagnose a problem situation when it arises.
Our Accreditation and FAFSA approval are pending.
Certifications for Automotive Training
As a result of successfully completing the Technician Training Program at Torchiana Automotive Training Institute (TATI), the students will receive a diploma and are prepared to take the ASE Certification exams.